– Timo Glock starts the race from pole position, Gary Paffett starts from tenth place.
– Lap 19 marks the first moment that Glock and Paffett are in adjacent positions, in sixth and seventh.
– The Mercedes driver takes the lead for the first time on lap 23.
– The lead changes hands between Glock and Paffett six times during the duel.
– Paffett’s lead over Glock reaches 0.767 seconds.
– Overall, Glock leads the race for 23 laps and Paffett for five laps.
– All told, the two drivers are wheel-to-wheel for more than 119 seconds at the Hockenheimring, which corresponds to a distance of approximately six kilometres.
– The duel between Glock and Paffett takes place at top speed: the maximum speed during the battle is 271 km/h.
– Glock and Paffett’s struggle lasts 11 nerve-racking laps at the Hockenheimring; the battle covers a total distance of 50 kilometres.
– The decisive moment of the duel comes five minutes before the end of the race: Paffett has used up his DRS allowance, while Glock can still make use of the DRS six times.
– Glock crosses the line 3.099 seconds ahead of Paffett, who finishes third. Mike Rockefeller is in second, 2.078 seconds behind Glock.
– The duel itself, and Glock’s radio comments after crossing the finishing line, have already achieved legendary status: his message to the fans, Paffett, Mercedes and his team lasted 55 seconds.